Our Father in Heaven today we pause to think about our M.P.P. Jack MacLaren in Carelton Mississippi Mills . Father we pray for this member and we ask that you would continue to lead and guide him in all his ways. Lord we pray that he would trust in You, look to You for wisdom and understanding. Bless our member today give him what he needs to serve this position well. Surround our member with wise council and give divine wisdom. In Jesus Precious Name, we ask these requests.
- Ontario Landowners Association - President
- Carleton Landowners Association - President
- Canadian Justice Review Board - Director
- Named "Citizen of the Year" 2002 - West Carleton Township
- Torbolton Township Historical Society
- St. Andrew's United Church - Trustee
- MacLaren’s Landing Community Association - President
- Ottawa - Carleton Cattlemens Association
- Ottawa - Carleton Soil and Crop Improvement Association
- Arnprior Region Federation of Agriculture - President
He has successfully advocated for and protected the rights of individuals, changed public perceptions, and influenced government policy to the benefit of the people of Ontario.
Jack went to school at Dirleton, Fitzroy Harbour and Arnprior. He attained the degree of B. Sc. in civil engineering at Queen’s University in 1972. Jack worked in engineering and construction in Vancouver and Calgary for 10 years.
Jack is a cash crop farmer who lives and works on the family farm at MacLaren's Landing in West Carleton Township. The farm was a Crown Grant to the MacLaren family in 1826.
Jack and his wife Janet have three daughters - Jessica, Rachel and Alexis. Janet and all three girls are Registered Nurses who are working in hospitals in Ottawa, Calgary and San Diego.
The MacLaren family has a long history of being involved in community politics for the purpose of community betterment. Jack's father, grand-father and great grand-father were all politically active. In the MacLaren house it was always understood that with the enjoyment and benefits of a healthy community comes the obligation to contribute to the community.
Jack is ready to discuss the issues that concern you, and be your voice in Ontario.