Wednesday, June 11, 2014

God Direct Us as We Approach Election Day!

Hope is powerful!  Without it, we despair and shrink back.  With it, we press forward with confidence looking to a better and brighter tomorrow.  Pastor Ron Hughes from Brantford writes our first in a series of prayers for the day.  Let's pray together.

Dear Heavenly Father, King David once wrote that, “I would have lost hope if I did not believe that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land that I am living.” Psalm 27:13.
I thank you that I can look around and see goodness in this land. Yet, I know there seems to be much “hopelessness” in the eyes of voters. I ask that you direct our thoughts and our votes. I too would lose hope if I did not believe that I will see Your goodness in the land of Ontario over the next four years. I put those years into your capable hands. I place those elected into your capable hands and I look forward to seeing your goodness in our lives. Thank you for this great country and the opportunities afforded us. I thank you that our hope remains in You. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment